Monday, February 1, 2010

Name That Joint


I received this question from a reader, but I don't have an answer for him. I thought at first he might be talking about Sonny Bryan's, but the mustard BBQ mention doesn't jive. Can anyone help Ken?

I’m in Nashville, TN and I have a question for you…

Back in the 1990’s there was a little shack on the side of the road (I’m pretty sure it was near Downtown Dallas)… you ate on the hood of your car… and, the guy who runs it was known for his MUSTARD BBQ… I believe it was a dry rub… strangest thing I ever had… (I’m originally from Chicago)

So, I was wondering if you ever came across that place and what would be the name and if he was still around?

Thank you,

Ken

Ps. Love the blog! Your wife is a Saint!

No comments:

DISCLAIMER:

Each joint is judged on the essence of Texas 'cue...sliced brisket and pork ribs. Sausage is only considered if house made. Sauce is good, but good meat needs no adornment to satisfy. Each review can only be based on specific cuts of meat on that particular day. Finally, if the place fries up catfish or serves a caesar salad, then chances are they aren't paying enough attention to the pits, so we mostly steered clear.

-THE PROPHETS OF SMOKED MEAT